I don’t know if it’s good to admit this sort of thing, but right now, I have a problem. Gosh, this feels a little like I am about to break out with, “My name is Carrie and I am addicted to doughnuts”. I think having a doughnut addiction might be easier.
The truth of the matter is I’ve got too many ideas and too little time. Add to that my refusal – or inability – I am not sure which, to write notes in the moment that I get these nuggets of inspiration. By the time I am lying in bed at night, my brain is just a hot mess. I feel like one day I will wake up and find my head will have channeled itself into something resembling a grilled cheese – crispy on the outside, warm and gooey in the middle – oozing out all over. A simple notepad and a sharpened pencil would transform my life, if only I let them. It’s the little things, people.
I realize that in some circles this might not be wise to publicize - since it really doesn’t inspire confidence – especially because the folks I work with think I totally have it all down in the got her act together department. But I don’t want to lie – especially here - because you lovely people keep stopping by to give me the time of day, it’s the least I can do to be honest. Because I want you to know that I am doing my best to create scrumptious *SANE stuff for you, but
sometimes most of the time it takes me longer than I’d like to get things posted. And because there is so much else that I want to say that I think might help you on your journey to *SANEity. Or not even just that - this journey called life.
Here’s another one of those One-Pan-Wonders that I am so fond of throwing together when it’s just me and 5 cats around the dining table. I would like to introduce you to Warm Turkey and Almond Slaw.
Now I have a hearty appetite, so I made this recipe for one. I must confess that half way through eating it I was so full I had to admit defeat. So I changed the recipe to say “serves 2″. I don’t know if I was more floored by the food, or by the fact that I had been floored by the food. Either way, this is filling. You have been warned.
Make it tonight. And then go out to play, because you’ll have so much spare time that you didn’t need to spend on cooking or dishes. Love that.
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 6 oz / 170g broccoli carrot slaw (I use Trader Joe’s, so this is ½ packet)
- ⅓ cup slivered (not flaked) almonds
- 7 oz / 195g packet smoked deli turkey, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ cup / 2 fl oz. 2 % Greek yoghurt (NON-FAT WILL NOT WORK!)
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper and sea salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the broccoli carrot slaw and the almonds and stir-fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the strips of turkey, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the dried rosemary and gently stir in the yoghurt.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir well and season with salt and pepper.